Today marks 3 weeks until our staff team officially reports for work and 4 weeks till the baby boy we’re adopting is due! Let the craziness begin! All things considered we’re doing pretty well. There have been a few moments where life is overwhelming but God continues to meet us in those moments. We’re excited to launch the Portland ministry and even more excited to adopt this baby boy. We’re so blessed!
- God has provided free housing for us while we’re in Boise in September waiting for the adoption paperwork to finalize.
- God continues to provide in remarkable ways for the expense of adoption. More to come about this later when we know exactly what the cost is going to be.
- God is providing students who are willing to help get us officially recognized at PSU.
- God is providing volunteers all over the city who would like to serve with us!
- Pray for my (Matt) lower back. I continue to have lower back and leg pain as a result. I think it’s related to sciatic nerve and I’m currently getting it checked out, but it’s been sort of frustrating as sitting is problematic at the moment.
- Pray for the Lord’s peace to be evident in our lives as we near the due date of our baby boy. It’s count down time!
- Pray for our staff team to continue to gel and for the Lord to give us the right strategies that are unique to Portland.
- Jody is a blogging machine. You can get more insight into our family life on her blog.
- Our garden is doing well. Cucumbers and tomatoes are taking off and I ate some yummy snap peas tonight!